Ways to Keep Your Website Current, Useful and Original:
- Do not copy any information, break out your inner writer and write your own company descriptions.
- Create pages that keep your visitors up-to date on your company and or the product or service your provide.
- Consider News, Events or Calendar pages. By design these pages will change more often and Google will notice and rank accordingly.
- Create a blog for your website to discuss your products or services
- Create a knowledge base and or forum so your customers can share information and gather instruction manuals, etc
- Switching the products your offer around seasonally for example will also make your site appear current
While Search Engine Optimization is not rocket science it does require a fair amount of work to achieve the results you are looking for. When you have time available, use it to address your entire site and your plans for on going maintenance, measurement and tracking of results.